Brook cottage is a stylish, 3 bedroom luxury holiday cottage, offering a great base to explore the North Norfolk coast.
A home away from home...
Newly renovated, with open plan kitchen & dining area, perfect to while away your evenings looking over the magnificent countryside views.
- 3 bedrooms - including large ground floor bedroom
- 2 bathrooms
- Private garden & terrace
- Weber barbecue
- Off road parking
- Countryside views
- Dog friendly
- What's included?
- 2 Super king beds that can be twinned upon request
- 1 Single bed with trundle
- All bedding and towels
- Free Wi-Fi
- Complimentary welcome pack
- Nespresso coffee machine
- Smart TVs
- USB charging points
- Dyson hairdryer
- White Company toiletries
- Weber charcoal barbecue
- Outdoor furniture
- Highchairs, cots & a put up bed available upon request
- Dog bed, towels, and bowls upon request
- Something Extra?
Start your holiday the right way with a meal prepared by our chefs at The Pheasant.
Choose from the following
Served with seasonal vegetables
£27 to serve 4 people
Lasagne or Vegetarian Lasagne
Served with garlic bread & side salad
£27 to serve 4 people
Just pop in the oven & relax!
- Accessibility Guide
- Brook Cottage is a 2 story detached traditional brick & flint cottage set within its own, fully enclosed gardens. Renovated and extended in spring 2020.
Parking & Entrance to property
- To the front of the property is a wooden 5 bar gate leading onto the large shingle driveway with parking for up to 3 cars. The shingle is loose and not suitable for use with a wheelchair or mobility aid other than with big tyres.
- There is a paved path from the pedestrian gate to the front door on large flagstones
- The front door has a threshold to step over into the Cottage & a step down of 7cm on to a concrete step which is 25cm deep & a further 7cm drop. The door is slightly lower than a modern doorway at 170cm high & 70cm wide.
Layout of the house
- On the ground floor the kitchen, dining room, utility room, bedroom and en-suite bathroom are all on one level. There is a shallow step of 7cm down into the living room.
- On the ground floor, except for the bedroom, all floors are hard Karndeen flooring. The bedroom is fitted carpet.
- The kitchen has a freestanding double oven with a ceramic hob, a built-in dishwasher and 70/30 integrated fridge freezer. All work surfaces are 91cm in height.
- The dining room is open plan to the kitchen, the table has 6 dining chairs & the table top height is 79cm.
- The utility room has a freestanding washer/dryer and a door outside to the paved patio area. The work surfaces are 92cm high. There is a step down over a threshold to get onto the patio.
- The ground floor bedroom door is 73cm wide & has a 6ft, zip & link bed, so can be made into 2 x 3ft singles with room to move freely around the bed. The bed is 71cm high.
- The ground floor en-suite has a corner quadrant shower enclosure with a step up of 17cm to get in & a swing out door.
- The Living room has a 3 seat sofa & a 2 seat sofa and a center coffee table. There is a small rug that goes under the coffee table in the middle of the room with 2 further side tables next to the sofas.
- The stairs are carpeted and has a solid wooden hand rail, a quarter turn after 4 steps before going up again & then a quarter turn onto the landing – total of 11 steps.
- Both bedrooms are carpeted & the bathroom has Karndeen flooring
- The smallest bedroom door is 72cm wide & has a 3ft single bed, with a height of 69cm, side table & lamp
- The large bedroom door is 73cm wide & has a 6ft, zip & link bed, with a height of 65cm, that can be turned into 2 x 3ft single beds & has plenty of room to move around. There are fire escape windows in this room.
- The family bathroom door is 72cm wide & has a wall mounted shower over the bath with a 4 fold shower screen. The bath is 59cm high. There is a close coupled toilet & a wall hung basin.
Other Useful Information.
- Mobile phone signal in the property is bad, but a landline is provided.
- Terms & Conditions
- Arrival and departure: Changeover day for the properties is usually Friday for full week bookings, with Saturday purely by arrangement. Short breaks are only available out of peak season times. Guests may arrive after 4 pm and we request that you vacate the property by 9 am on departure day. This allows time to clean the property and arrange laundry for incoming guests. Key arrangements and directions will be given to you in advance of your holiday.
- All utility services are included in the cost of your holiday.
- Our properties are suitable for well behaved dogs. An extra charge of £20 per dog per holiday will be made. Please make sure all evidence of your dog is removed and disposed of into a bin and not into the flower beds. At no time must a dog be left alone inside the property for more than a short time. No animals are to go upstairs or on the beds, in carpeted areas or on furniture. The Kelling Estate reserves the right to make an extra cleaning charge if necessary as a result of accommodating a pet.
- We take great pride in the presentation and cleanliness of all our properties. Your cottage will be thoroughly cleaned between lets and, if you are staying for two weeks linen and towels will be changed halfway through your stay.
- Short breaks are available at all of our properties. The minimum length of stay is three nights. Short breaks are not available at peak periods.
- Should any problems arise during your stay please contact the Kelling Estate office and we will endeavour to assist you. The booking contract is between you and the Kelling Estate. The Kelling Estate liability is limited to the cost of your holiday, except in the case of liability for personal damage or injury, for which purpose we carry Public Liability Insurance.
- All equipment, appliances and contents must be left clean and tidy on departure, with the exception of linen to be laundered which should be left in a pile ready for collection. The Kelling Estate reserve the right to enter the property at any reasonable time with or without any maintenance staff for the purpose of any repairs in the event that they may become necessary, although we will obviously respect your right to privacy and will always try not to disturb your holiday.
- The Kelling Estate and its staff are here to make sure your stay is relaxing and enjoyable. We value your custom and hope you will return in the future.
- Contract of hire is between The Hirer and the Kelling Estate. The booking is not effective until the Kelling Estate provide written conformation of that booking.
- A deposit of 30% of the cost of the holiday, which is non refundable, should accompany the booking form. The balance is due eight weeks before the start of your holiday. If the booking is made within eight weeks of the holiday commencement date, the full accommodation rental will be required. The Kelling Estate reserves the right to cancel a holiday where full payment has not been received less than 21 days before the holiday commencement date.
- If you are forced to cancel your holiday due to unforeseen circumstances, you must inform the Kelling Estate in writing immediately. In all cancellation situations the deposit is forfeited. We will make every endeavour to re-let the property, but you will remain liable for full/part payment if we are only able to re-let part of the agreed period. We strongly advise you take out cancellation and travel insurance for your holiday with us.
If you have cause to cancel, change the dates or cut short your holiday please notify our office immediately by telephone and then in writing.
All reservation deposits paid to The Kelling Estate are non-returnable and The Hirer will be liable for the full cost of the holiday if a cancellation or alteration occurs UNLESS the booking office is notified as follows:
- Up to 8 weeks before the start of the holiday. In which case the hirer will forfeit the deposit only.
- Less than 8 weeks before the start of the holiday and it is possible for The Kelling Estate to re-let the property. In which case the deposit will be forfeited plus an administration charge of £25 plus VAT. The balance will be returned to The Hirer. If the property is not re-let The Hirer will forfeit the full cost of the holiday.
- If you cancel eight weeks or more before your booking you will forfeit only your deposit, less than eight weeks and The Hirer will be liable for all or part of the full cost, depending if the Kelling Estate can re-let the period of The Hirer’s booking. The Kelling Estate reserves the right to refuse any booking.
- No liability is accepted for any injury, loss or damage to guests and/or their belongings, damage by or to any third party or for damage to any motor vehicle or its contents.
- The maximum number of guests is restricted to numbers stated. The Kelling Estate reserves the right to refuse admittance if this condition is not observed. In addition, the Kelling Estate reserves the right to refuse entry/bookings from guests who may, in their opinion, be unsuitable for the property concerned.
- The Hirer is responsible for taking care of the property during their stay. All equipment and contents must be left clean and tidy on departure, with the exception of linen to be laundered. The property must be securely locked when you are out and care taken not to expose the property to any fire risk. The Kelling Estate reserves the right to enter the property at any reasonable time with or without any maintenance staff for the purpose of any repairs in the event that they may become necessary, although we will obviously respect your right to privacy and try not to disturb your holiday.
- The hirer is responsible for the conduct of all members of their party and will be held accountable for any damage or issues arising from their stay.
- Any damage and/or breakages are the responsibility of the Hirer and the cost payable upon demand. The Kelling Estate reserves the right to repossess the property at any time where serious damage has been caused. Minor breakages are not usually charged for.
- The Kelling Estate takes every care to ensure the accuracy of the property descriptions. All information in our brochures and on our website is given in good faith and is correct at the time of going to press. The Kelling Estate cannot be held responsible for changes beyond its control, which may become known after publication of literature.
- The Kelling Estate cannot accept liability for happenings beyond its control, such as breakdown of domestic appliances, swimming pool installations, plumbing, wiring, temporary invasion of pests, damage resulting from exceptional weather conditions or negligence resulting in loss, injury or accident.
- In the unlikely event that a property is not available through circumstances arising outside the control of the Kelling Estate, then the Kelling Estate may be forced to cancel the booking. The Hirer will be advised as early as possible. Where possible, The Hirer will be offered suitable alternative accommodation, which if not acceptable, will entitle the Hirer to a refund of all monies due. The Hirer will not as a result have any further claims against the Kelling Estate.
- The accommodation shall be for family use only, not for youth groups or other groups or student parties. Sleeping in tents or motor vehicles adjacent to the accommodation is not permitted.
- A refundable security deposit will be required to cover the cost of breakages or extra cleaning required. If there are charges to recover, The Kelling Estate will forward the balance to The Hirer along with a statement, otherwise the deposit shall be returned in full.
- The Hirer must not use the accommodation or allow its use for any dangerous, offensive, noisy, illegal or immoral activities or carry on there any act that may be a nuisance or annoyance to any neighbours.
- Smoking is not permitted in any part of the accommodation and The Hirer and any member of his or her party undertakes not to smoke inside the accommodation.
- The Hirer will be issued with a set of keys to the accommodation on the first day of the holiday period and The Hirer must return them as per instructions on the date of departure. Failure to do so will incur the cost of a replacement set.
- The use of accommodation amenities offered, such as swimming pool, children’s play equipment, trampolines etc. is entirely at the user’s risk and no responsibility can be accepted for injury, or loss or damage to user’s or The Hirer’s personal belongings.
It is recommended that the Hirer is covered by Personal Holiday Insurance.
The construction, validity and performance of the Booking Conditions shall be governed by the law of England and Wales, and both parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the UK Courts
To start planning your next holiday call 01263 588382 or submit the form below
Great location for touring the area. Lovely house.The Wicks & Thomas Families